Friday, March 22, 2019

Same-O, Same-O?

                                                                     

I was half amused today by an article sent to me from Linkdin, that little professional site where one can post his resume and score job opportunities.  Today the article dealt with reducing work place stress by eating the same exact lunch each day.  Seems that today's generations experience having to make too many choices as it is, especially at work.

So Linkdin advises that you tote that same old tuna, or peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and cut down on all the stress of having to make a lunch choice.  Brilliant!  Pardon me but I can remember three years in Vietnam where my lunch choice came out of a C-ration box that contained food prepared by the lowest government bidder.  So I got to choose preformed Turkey patties, ham and lima beans, crackers made to withstand ten years of storage, and loaf cakes that were perfect disks to throw at two feet long rats.  Take it from me.  I would have loved to have a choice for lunch.  Stress was dodging punji sticks and AK-47 rounds whizzing past the nose.

I guess I'm just one of those insensitive old farts that can't empathize with today's stressed out generations.  

I am wondering though how the snowflakes handle having to make a choice between jelly flavors first thing in the morning.

                                                       


No comments: