The Socialist Liberal Democratic Party has been bemoaning the widening gap between our nation's wealthy and the nation's poor. And they are certainly right. During the last five years the gap between rich and poor has widened another six percent, higher than at any time in the last three decades.
The liberals attribute the gap to some conspiratorial plan by the rich to further impoverish the lower economic classes. Absolutely not true! In fact, greed being what it is, the rich would prefer that the poor be capable of purchasing the very goods and services they sell that brought them wealth in the first place.
In the continuing irony of all liberal mish mash, the causes for this ever widening gap between rich and poor can be placed squarely in the laps of the liberals who promote it!
Let's look at some hard facts:
1) Since Obama took office Black youth unemployment has gone from 19 percent to 30 percent! You can't dig your way out of poverty without a job and an education. And since urban Blacks are dropping out of high school at a 50% drop out rate, how can you get a job when you are so illiterate that you can neither read an application nor fill one out? And since Obama has spent his entire term and a half pushing social agendas, job creation remains dormant....unless he can hook some of those poor Blacks up with a bankrupt solar or electric battery company!
2) Since Obama took office more than 20 million folks, after trying for two or three years to find a job, have given up and left the work force completely. These folks have drifted back home and live off of Social Security or three generous years of unemployment checks, or have suddenly discovered a "back ache" that got them a nice fat disability check. For some strange reason 11 million folks have applied for disability during the Obama years, a four fold increase since Obama took office! You are not going to "enlarge the economic pie" when you drive thirty million people off the payroll!
3) Over fifty million people are now on Food Stamps, another all time high. Hey, you're not going to get any narrowing of the income gap by encouraging a whole new generation of "victims" who find sustenance with unemployment checks, disability checks and food banks and food stamp cards. Make it easy enough to avoid work and you'll succeed!
4) Fifty percent of last year's college graduates are still not employed and have moved back home with mommy and daddy, have no income and contribute to that income gap we are all startled by! Laden with $1 trillion dollars of student debt, debt that expanded and flourished once Obama opened up the federal purse and passed out student loans like penny candy...and now reality has set in and these unemployed kids have no means to pay back those $80,000 to $200,000 dollar student loans!
5) The most important, and by far the largest cause of the widening income gap came from the precipitous drop in home prices in 2009 that led to home foreclosures of epic proportion! Why so many? Because time and circumstance finally caught up with those "no doc./no income/no look" mortgages that the Dodd-Frank-Clinton-Pelosi regime insisted be made to the minority poor. People that should never have been given a mortgage, people who lied about their income, people with no history of financial responsibility, people who had previously used their local pawn shop, or check-cashing shop as their "bank" were suddenly bestowed $300,000 or $400,000 dollar loans, all made possible by Congressional Mandates that Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae issue mortgages to folks who couldn't even make regular and reliable rent payments!
So when the housing collapse came it was all those bogus loans that first went up in smoke. All of sudden the "paper wealth" of higher and higher home prices came crashing down...and with it, an explosive widening of the income gap between rich and poor.
6) Finally, let's be honest here; during the last two decades we have absorbed some 30 million illegal Mexicans. Do liberals believe all those folks were Carlos Slim billionaires? Hell no! They were Mexico's dregs, the poorest, the criminal class and the uneducated....run the numbers, people! Throw 30 million illegals into the national mix and you're gonna see a rich/poor income gap like you never thought possible!
And we've all gotten poorer as we have had to educate, medicate and incarcerate these 30 million invaders! Our car insurance premiums have soared as we deal with car theft and massive hit and run epidemics! They raid our food banks and strip them clean before needy Americans can get there! We must pay for more police to patrol their barrios and they drive down American pay rates by taking an American job, working for cash and avoiding taxation.
So let's legalize these 30 million and invite 30 million more! Let's let them suck the life out of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and Welfare...let's contribute even further to the rich/poor income gap!
So, in light of all the problems documented here, let's look at the liberal's Congressional agenda; extend unemployment, feed more borrowed money into welfare and food stamps and WIC and Section 8 housing. Let's subsidize the medical care of 30 million freeloaders who would rather get a green check than work! And hurry! Let's give citizenship to 30 million illegal invaders so that they too can join the entitlement orgy!
In January the Obama/Reid/Pelosi regime was able to implement a huge tax increase, bringing the rates of all taxes paid by the wealthy from 70% to 85% of all taxes paid in this nation (while increasing to over 50% of those who pay not a dime in taxes)...and still the income gap widens and the liberals cry for more sacrifice from the rich! All liberal pap meant to keep them in power and the poor on the liberal plantation.
Sad. Damned Sad.