Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Sis-In-Law & "The Blind Side"


Re posted in honor of her birthday:  Happy Birthday Darlene Friend!                                        

I'm sure many of you have seen the movie, "The Blind Side".  I didn't see it in the theater but read that it was a hit and that Sandra Bullock won a Best Actress Oscar for playing the role of the adoptive mother to a down and out young African American man. 

My cable company has been giving free access to the movie channels this week so I was fortunate enough to see The Blind Side.  I loved this movie for two reasons; first, this was a wonderful story, very funny and also very poignant.  Secondly, I loved this movie because my sister-in-law is much like the Sandra Bullock character.  She can be hard-edged and sassy, and funny and she can be extremely sweet and caring.

I guess what impresses me both about my sis-in-law (hereafter to be called "sis")  is that she is always one of those "half-glass full" type of people.  She always sees the best in people and tries mightily to overlook people's failings.

Sis is gutty too.  When my mother was dying she was right there with us, caring for her; giving the sponge baths and surrounding my mom with love.  That was nine years ago and I've been in love with her ever since. 

Like the Sandra Bullock character, she is generous with her love and with her time and, as I watched the movie, I felt so fortunate to know someone in my life who is like the movie character. 

My brother is a lucky guy, as is sis' circle of friends.  I'm glad I'm one of them...sometimes life is just as good as the movies..:)

1 comment:

Sis said...

I love you and now you have gone and made me cry!!! You mean the world to me,, thank you for sharing this with me,,, take care of you,, HUGS