Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Goodbye Daily Reader

                                                  
Good Morning Dear Reader,

Today will be the last entry for my daily blog.  I will continue to post to my blog periodically but no longer on a daily basis.  I would like to thank those who have visited me almost daily.  I'm appreciative of your visits as well as your comments on all the many issues I have written about.

I began my blog on the 17th of January, 2011 and have tried to post on a daily basis.  My goals were to entertain with personal stories, educate on our national concerns and motivate readers toward being more responsible citizens.  If I have given even a few of you a thought to ponder...or a laugh...or a feel good moment then I will consider my efforts to have been worth it.

As of today I will have posted 256 blogs entries and have attracted close to 40,000 visits during the last ten months.  That count is more than many but not nearly enough to consider this blog successful and viable.  I have written of such national concerns as illegal immigration, a corrupt and ineffective government and have lamented the apathy of our citizens toward addressing these concerns.  I have written of those I love and those I greatly admire.

I have also written of personal life experiences and have enjoyed the writing of them immensely, especially when I receive comments from readers who relate similar experiences.  Sometimes I have used humor to poke fun at myself or to illustrate some of the government's folly in trying to govern.

Should you care to visit my blog and read, or re-read any of those 256 blog entries, they are there for you to peruse.  To Crystal and Jo and Grenadavet and Just Bob and Pammie Jean, and to all of you "anons" out there that came to visit every day, you have my heartfelt thanks.

Should you wish to be notified of any new postings I urge you to sign up for email notifications on the front page of my blog so that you'll be alerted of any new postings.

I'm not saying goodbye...just "see you later"....look for me around the corner...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

best of luck and wishes to you.

grenadavet said...

Just, although I may have not commented on all your posts, I have read them. I am signing up to follow your further postings. Live long and prosper!

Anonymous said...

My husband led me to your blog about 2 weeks ago and I truly enjoy it! I do receive email notices. Thank you and all the best to you!

PammieJean said...

I just discovered your blog a couple of weeks ago also. Glad I did, as I've enjoyed reading.

I found you when I happened to be looking for the "Good Morning Arizona" photo that someone posts on Craigslist RnR every day. I used to comment on there regularly about three years ago but it got pretty ugly so decided it wasn't for me.

I'm sure glad I decided to open a few other posts and click on your blog. You're a link to where I lived for 60 years.

I've read a couple other posts of yours from way back and will continue to read more of them. And yes, I'm on the email list. Since I've been in Fargo, I'm always looking for links to Phoenix and Arizona.

I have a blog that has almost gone by the wayside since my move to Fargo. I'm just way too busy caring for my granddaughter during the day, then too tired at night. I never posted on a daily basis though. It was mainly for my art and poetry about three times a week. I had quite a following but now I'm just too busy.

Crystal said...

Sad to see the daily posts leave. I was looking forward to your commentary on the upcoming elections. Hopefully you'll find your mind filled with new thoughts that you can't help but sharing with us when that time comes. Love you!

Anonymous said...

another reader here. will miss daily posts. Hispanic Retired officer from New York City.

-against illegal immigration

A Modest Scribler said...

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful comments. As you can see, I still post, just not daily.
Thanks again.