Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas

                                                                     

Read an article this weekend about someone who had been called into their Human Resources department and scolded for wishing a work crew Merry Christmas. I was already expecting to hear the HR guy/girl suggest an alternative greeting. Instead the lady worker was advised not to say anything at all.
Wow! The writer for that article had done a little more research. As if boasting that there really isn't a war on Christmas (55 percent of Americans still prefer "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Holidays", it seems that a solid and growing 11 percent of folks are actually offended if you wish them Merry Christmas. I'm sorry but some 20 million Americans offended by "Merry Christmas" sounds like a war to me.......or at least a serous skirmish.

With apologies to that 11 percent, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and joyous New Year.

1 comment:

Frank R. Krzesowiak said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS,Scribe!!! No one's going to keep me from saying it.I don't kowtow to 11%. And for good measure, HAPPY NEW YEAR, too!!