Friday, July 28, 2017

Reader Survey

                                                                   

Okay, as of this month this blog is 6 and a half years old.  As you know, on several occasions I have contemplated ending it.  While I never run out of things to write about, I do question just how many readers I have reading the blog.  Google furnishes far too few tools to allow me to gauge interest.  While there are some 55 followers that subscribe to my blog, I know there are a few dozen more who don't subscribe but do pay a visit.  I just don't know how many and, based on the few comments I get, there may indeed be even fewer who regularly drop by.

So, here's the deal; I'm asking every single one of you to stop and record a comment.  Doesn't have to be long....even "I read" is sufficient.

And,  because I know many of my readers don't visit on a regular basis,  I'm going to leave this survey up for one week.  That of course means there will no new blogs posted during that period, so that this survey will be the first thing a visitor sees upon dropping by.

Again, the only way I'll know this blog is serving any useful purpose will be if you make a comment.  The fewer comments, the more likely this blog goes into hibernation.  (Of course you will always have access to the hundreds of previous blogs over these many years)  So, I would be grateful if each and everyone one of you will take the time and leave a comment.

Thanks in advance....and I hope to see you soon.

Your "Modest Scribbler".

24 comments:

rinfire said...

Keep writing. I don't subscribe to any blogs, but I do follow them, and you through feedspot. It keeps everything together and I can pick and choose what to read. You, I always read. You and I think a lot alike, but you are better with the words...

mRed said...

This boy read you. Stay.

TheRandyGuy said...

Visit daily. Don't even think about hibernation!

Wally V said...

Not nearly as often as I would like. Whenever I see you post it on FB, I run here and read the current one and a couple of back ones.

Jerry Carlin said...

Well, now I wish I were a 'hacker' so I could comment multiple times under different names!
I don't hunt for blogs that mimic my views, that would be pretty stupid. I like well thought out blogs that make me think and maybe learn something and yours would be at the top of my list. Over the years, although not always in agreement, we have become friends and that, ultimately is a great mark of success for any blogger. Keep going!

Anonymous said...

cool, I did it!!! keep going!

Cindy said...

Please keep writing. I don't comment often, but I do enjoy your writing.

Anonymous said...

I read them; and have commented in the past; most are right up my alley but once in a while you are over the top. But not a scale of a large percentage of blogs and tweets; keep leaning forward and the good work.

Anonymous said...

Nous sommes ici.

ralph jameson said...

Cuz, you can't stop. Don't even act like you can. We are all hooked on your writings and to stop now would cause kaos worldwide.

Anonymous said...

I read your scribblings every day and send selected appropriate writings to other people as well. We would miss them if you were to stop, so don't.

Frank Krzesowiak said...

We get into it mostly over Politics(Trump) but I enjoy most of what you blog. Wouldn't be right without the Sctibe in my life....

Pearly Gates said...

I read every blog of yours and enjoy them. It is just so hard to deal with Google to post that I don't.

Carol said...

Keep it going! I find them most enjoyable ~

Jack Brown said...

The first e-mail I read is "Lost In America" and I often forward the article because you make so much sense. Please keep it up.

Jeff H said...

Keep up the good work! Been reading for a few years now and I enjoy every submission.

Jerrylee said...


I read every single one and often forward them

Unknown said...

I think your blog is terrific. Although I like Trump a lot more than you seem to, I agree with most of your postings. We need more people like you who are not afraid to take a stand, rather than the politically correct wimps and frauds who seem to have taken over our country.

Anonymous said...

I would miss you if you leave us! I stop by most days and while here read any items I may have missed! Like others here, I often copy/paste post [with attribution] and send along to others. The question is: Do you enjoy the writing? More enjoyment or hassle? You obviously have things to say, the number of readers should be inconsequential to those that write for enjoyment.

Anonymous said...

Stay with it. Writing, for me, is an end in itself. My advice, keep writing and ignore your hit counter.

Hambo
The Politically Incorrect Gazette

Anonymous said...

Every time you post that you might stop I begin to worry. I truly enjoy your writing. Please continue.

Brian Kalifornia said...

Don't stop, keep up your writings and stories, enjoy them all.

Anonymous said...

I read I read please don't go!!!

Craig Bailey said...

You are one of the few blogs I look forward to reading, always worth the time.