Sigh. There are so many lies, so many media obfuscations about Obamacare, one needs either a college degree, or natural intellect, and absolutely must be willing to study if one hopes to understand the problem. To wit, I cite a few facts:
1) When you see someone cariryng a sign that says "don't take away my healthcare" you can be sure that person is not paying for it.
2) When you hear the media say "23 Million Set to Lose Healthcare under Republican plan, how many of you knew that those 23 million were only temporarily covered..even under Obama's plan. Those "23 million" were being cared for in those states that accepted federal money to expand each states Medicaid rolls. Now get this: that federal money was only promised through 2018. After that, if states wish to continue the free healthcare each state would then be required to foot the bill themselves. In effect Barack Hussein Obama was no different than a drug pusher...getting America hooked on that federally funded healthcare money, with the clear intent that once hooked, the freeloaders in each state would demand their "free health care".
3) Obama and the Dems intentionally set the penalties for not enrolling in Obamacare extremely low, then each year they are set to escalate. Again, this was to get as many freeloaders into the plan before the real bill came due in later years. Hell, Obama even back loaded all the bad stuff so that he and his fellow liberals could win near term elections!
4.) Even with Obama's mandates, young people...the healthiest of us, chose not to participate in Obamacare and, instead, chose just to pay the penalty. The lack of funding by those young folks is what caused health premiums to soar as their was no "funding floor" from the healthy to pay for those who were sick.
5) Alert! Alert! Alert! The Republican play is worse! Having removed the plethora of taxes (3.6 surcharge for the rich, a tax on medical devices, etc) and having removed the mandate to purchase, the Republicans have taken away subsidies that kept Obama care costs down a smidgeon...with those taxes and subsidies removed you can expect even higher premiums! The problem with the Republican plan is that it is "Obamacare Lite". Repubs wee just too frightened to totally scrap a benefit already bestowed on the electorate!
6) Obamacare is proof positive that we need to be very careful about granting a government benefit. Once it is given it is totally impossible to take it away.
7) Finally...there is never any logic applied when implementing a government mandated benefit. For example, how many folks getting free healthcare are required to give up their fast food diets? (and the resulting plague of Type II diabetes and heart problems). How many people getting free health care are required to stop smoking....cigs, crack..or to stop chomping Opioids? How many welfare queens are required to report to Planned Parenthood for neutering so we don't have to pay for their sex life? How many audits are performed to shake out the freeloaders who own big screen TV's, iPhones, expensive gaming systems and late model cars...yet can't seem to afford to pay their own health care premiums?
Note: Before any of you begin crying crocodile tears over those "23 million" who are set to lose their healthcare, read paragraph 2 again......you cannot "lose" what you never had permanently in the first place. That was just Obama using this life experience as a doper....he knew well why the drug pushers always made a profit.